Occupational Heath and Safety is the organisation’s core goal. We provide set documentation together with guidance to our subcontractors and other service providers, in order to evaluate their capabilities to meet with Company and legislative OHS requirements.
The following documents benchmark the criteria to be used when evaluating health and safety, Worksafe requirements, and a subcontractors ability to perform work safely prior to commencing work on site:
- Basic construction industry induction (red card), list employees names and red card numbers
- Photocopies of relevant high risk work licenses or certificates of competency or other required proof of competency eg. scaffolding, dogging, rigging, cranes, hoists, boom lifts, EWP’s, lasers tickets/training evidence.
- Documented hazard identification and risk control using SWMS, and, where appropriate or required, risk assessments.
- Details of hazardous substances and dangerous goods, including MSDSs for all materials supplied.
- Details of insurances/certificates (WorkCover, Public Liability).
- A signed statement regarding adherence to all applicable OHS laws and observance of the principal contractor’s site safety rules, this could be in the form of an OHS policy.
- Evidence of any permits required to carry out construction work eg. traffic management, powerline No Go Zones, confined space, tunnels and trenches.
- Safe Work Method Statements for complex/ high risk work work, eg. demolition plans, asbestos removal plans, tilt-up panel erection plans and erection procedures, structural steel marking plans and sequential erection procedures, formwork erection plans.
The documentation listed above is to be completed and provided to the relevant Site Manager/Project Manager 72 hours prior to commencement of work on Site.
SUBCONTRACTOR APPROVAL TO WORK CHECKLIST – click here.
SWMS GUIDELINE – click here.
SWMS TEMPLATE – click here.