Our commitment to Occupational Health and Safety underpins our approach in all work undertaken from planning in the design stages of a project, to completion. We identify and eliminate any risk as so far as is reasonably practicable to ensure a safe and healthy workplace is provided for all employees, labour hire staff, contractors, sub contractors and visitors.
Leeda Projects ensures compliance with relevant legislation, including the OHS Act 2004 , supporting regulations, and the implementation of an OHS Management System.
In promoting safe work practices, Leeda Projects is diligent in:
- Conducting regular workplace safety inspections on all projects, allowing prompt identification and control of potential hazards.
- Ensuring employees are trained on all health and safety matters relevant to their work and that contractors are fully aware of the hazards associated with their work, and hazard control measures.
- Ensuing all managers, supervisors, employees, contractors and other persons are inducted into the requirements of the Site Safety Plan, and will be held accountable for fulfilling their roles and responsibilities as defined in the Site Safety Plan.
- Effective employee/contractor consultation on health and safety matters including two way communication of relevant information, toolbox meetings, reporting and feedback mechanisms.
- Reviewing OHS policies and the Site Safety Plan every year to ensure they remain relevant to and appropriate to the organisation.
Occupational Health and Safety is the organisation’s core goal, firmly ingrained as an integral part of our Management system. We continue to strive in achieving the highest standards of Occupational Health and Safety in accordance with industry best practice, and this is reflected through our exemplary track record of safety in all work undertaken.